Welcome from Angel Hardaway, Principal
Welcome to North City School! We are so pleased and honored to serve your child. Our major focus each year is for your child feel safe while reaching his/her full potential academically and socially. Each child is unique and deserves an education designed for success! We are excited about the many activities and programs that will be part of your child’s academic year. By making school a priority, we will see great growth in this school year. I would like to extend an open invitation for parents and family members to visit our school, attend our school programs, and become an active member of our PTO.
Angel Hardaway, Principal
If you are interested in visiting us, please call the North City office at 423-745-4210 to make arrangements for your visit. For directions to North City, scroll to the bottom of this page and enter your address.
NORTH CITY SCHOOL MISSION
Our mission is to access a variety of resources and opportunities, in the school and beyond, to provide students with an innovative, engaging high quality education that will empower them to reach their full potential as productive, responsible citizens in our ever-evolving local, national and world communities.
NORTH CITY SCHOOL VISION
The North City School strives to collaboratively prepare our students for life’s next steps as whole beings, considering academic, moral, social, physical, and technological achievement and growth, ready to problem-solve in an ever-changing world.
NORTH CITY SCHOOL MOTTO BKE (Be kind to everyone)!
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato
We at North City School believe…
- …In striving for physical and emotional safety of all present and in each individual student’s personal overall growth as being our highest priorities.
- …In providing individualized, appropriate learning experiences developed by well-informed educators using proven research-based, best practice methods.
- …In intimate class settings that provide individual opportunities for growth through a variety of activities and appropriate accommodations.
- …In continual monitoring and communication of student and school progress through formal and informal assessments.
- …In fostering decision-making skills based upon problem-solving through critical thinking, mutual respect, and accountability for one’s own learning to provide for student success.
- …In policy derived through a partnership of community, administration, faculty, parents, and students to promote a learning environment that is safe, engaging, supportive and challenging.